We are pleased to announce the Best of 2018 Awards and Competition. Event date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 6:30pm (doors, competitor check-in, and pre-event performances). 7pm Title Walk.
This year's Headliner / Featured Guest Performer:
This year's Special Guests and Judges include:
Details of the Competition:
Individuals and Groups must have performed with the Black Cat Cabaret at least 2 times (twice) during the 2018 year from January 1, 2018 - November 15, 2018. Black Cat Cabaret performances will have included performances under the auspices of the Black Cat Cabaret / Sidewinders Ranch / TWIST Nightclub at the NM clubhouse, the performing arts center, TWIST Nightclub, Sidewinders Ranch, and outreach.
This year's selection of who will compete will come from the recommendations of 3 panels. Input and ratings from these areas will be considered equally. Regular performing and presence at events related to the cabaret always helps selectors.
The official name of the event will be: Sidewinders Ranch's Best of 2018 Cabaret Honors, Awards, and Competition.
To qualify for competition:
We may take more nominees due to ties from the panels judging, but Top 15 - 20% are considered first.
This year, we had 133 eligible entertainers out of nearly 200 who performed at the cabaret. The following list are the Top 15-20% who will be invited to compete. Please note that ties count as one nomination and there were 3 ties, so 3 additional entertainers have been invited this year. Congratulations to everyone for being a part of the cabaret.
Additional Cabaret Honors and Awards being given which are selected by vote and conferred by the Artistic Director and the Cabaret:
Other potential cabaret honors and awards:
Guidelines for Competition:
1) Music and tech sheets due December 1, 2018. We will take them up until noon on 12/19/18 or if needed, at the event due to technical difficulties. Tech sheets: Click Here.
2) Come ready to perform by 6pm; pre-show at 6pm and event at 7pm - notify Renee if you cannot be there until a later time - accommodations can be made
3) No flammables, firearms, dangerous or hazardous materials; any such materials will automatically disqualify contestant. No balloons or blood. No Glitter or Confetti.
4) Dress for a competition and for awards ceremony
5) Check-in with security and stage manager
6) Confirm your participation
7) Must have valid government issued ID
8) No outside beverages permitted
9) Participation releases Sidewinders from any liability
10) Audience votes during the live competition for the audience choice award.
11) Should stay for entire event unless otherwise discussed, as the event will have awards given in the middle and the end.
12) It is recommended that performers watch as much of the competition as they can.
13) You will have 5 minutes to set-up, perform and complete your piece. We will not disqualify for longer and are flexible up to 7.
14) Please note: Performers who are competitors may not be able to leave the stage due to lack of stairs.
Please note that management and DJs are not permitted to compete. Drag family members do not have the same restrictions.
Thank you and congratulations everyone!