We are pleased to announce the Best of 2018 Awards and Competition. Event date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 6pm (doors), pre-event 7pm. 8pm competition.
Individuals must have performed at least 2 times (twice) during the 2018 year from January 1, 2018 - November 28, 2018.
This year's selection of who will compete will come from 3 panels of judges: The Dove and Lily, Panel 2 (anonymous) and Panel 3 (anonymous).
The official name of the event will be: Sidewinders Cabaret Best of 2018 Awards and Competition.
To qualify for competition:
We may take more nominees due to ties from the panels judging, but Top 15% are considered first.
List of Qualified Nominees for the Best of 2018 will be posted here. Please note there might be several ties.
Additional Awards being given:
Other potential awards:
Guidelines for Competition:
1) Music and tech sheets due 24 hours before the event. Tech sheets: Click Here.
2) Come ready to perform by 6pm; pre-show at 6pm and event at 8pm - notify Renato if you cannot be there until a later time
3) No flammables, firearms, dangerous or hazardous materials; any such materials will automatically disqualify contestant. No balloons or blood.
4) Dress for a competition and for awards ceremony
5) Check-in with security and stage manager
6) Confirm your participation
7) Must have valid government issued ID
8) No outside beverages permitted
9) Participation releases Sidewinders from any liability
10) Audience votes during the live competition for the audience choice award. Audience vote is part of scoring for competition as well.
11) Should stay for entire event unless otherwise discussed, as the event will have awards given in the middle and the end.
12) It is recommended that performers watch as much of the competition as they can.
13) You will have 5 - 7 minutes to set-up, perform and complete your piece.
14) Please note: Performers who are competitors will not be able to leave the stage due to lack of stairs.
Judging Criteria will be available Here.
Please note that management and DJs are not permitted to compete. Drag family members do not have the same restrictions.
Thank you and congratulations everyone!